Everything you need is right here! SIMPLE!
- 1 pound fresh veggies, such as cucumbers, carrots, green beans, summer squash, or cherry tomatoes.
- 2 sprigs fresh herbs, such as thyme, or rosemary
- 1 to 2 teaspoons whole spices, such as black peppercorns, coriander, or mustard seeds.
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed or sliced
- 1 cup vinegar, such as white, apple cider or rice.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 2 teaspoons pickling salt.
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar.
- Put on fun music & light a candle.
- Prep the jars.Wash 2 wide-mouth pint jars, lids, and rings in warm soapy, water and rinse well. Let dry completely.
- Prep the veggies. Wash and dry. Peel carrots. Trim end of beans. Cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Prep the flavorings. Divide the herbs, spices, or garlic you are using between the jars.
- Prep the brine. Mix vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to boil, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve.
Ready to Roll!
- Pack veggies into the jars, making sure there is 1/2 inch of space from the rim of the jar to the tops of the veggies. Pack them in as tightly as you can without smashing.
- Remove air bubbles. Gently tap the jars against the counter a few times (bonus if you tap to your music). Top off with more brine if necessary.
- Seal the jars. Place lids on the jars and screw on the rings until tight.
- Cool and refrigerate. Let the jars cool to room temperature. Store jars in the refrigerator .
- Wait at least 48-hours before you crack these babies open!
- Your veggies will improve with flavor as they age!
- The real secret is YOU! Use YOUR favorite herbs and spices. And vinegar? Use more if you love, less if you don’t!