My Sharona by The Knack (1979
Anybody else in the middle of The 2020-FUNK?
Do you ask yourself daily:
Here’s a roadmap of 5 Simple Tips to get you out of FUNKYTOWN and into the FUN-SIDE of 2020.
Clickable links (blue & underlined)
& some great 70’s music for the trip.
1 | Connect To Your Tribes
(or if this offends)
Connect To Your PEOPLE
Time without your tribes is like a margarita without a thick rim of salt and a tiny pink umbrella. Just. Not. The. Same.
CONNECTIONS COVID-STYLE:PLAN SOMETHING to look forward! Top of the list: a GIRLS TRIP or a GIRLFRIENDS STAYCATION.
- Expand your TRIBES by reaching out on a social platform to someone you don’t know, or a group you have a common interest with. What do you have to lose? You won’t even have to get out of your yoga pants.
- Host a virtual Netflix Watch Party. You get to watch it at the same time and add “comments” in a sidebar. My picks? A classic you’ve all seen a million times & LoVed or your favorite Chick-Flick.
- Host a “Game-Changer” ZOOM Call. Pick a theme, ask everyone to share their FAVORITE something, and pour some wine. Popular Ideas: Hair & Make-up Tips, Apps not everyone knows about, YouTube & Podcast you LoVed, Unique Cocktail Recipes, Upcoming Holiday Ideas…
- Meet somewhere outside, 6′ apart, for a refreshing beverage (adorned with festive pink umbrellas.) Now that’s a double-win.
2 | Read Your Way Out Of A FUNK
The Magical De-Funking Booklist? Laughing because I have polar thoughts: read something Super-Depressing or Super-Uplifting. If you’re really deep in the 2020-FUNK, don’t beat yourself up on which one to choose. Just grab the book on your nightstand (the one you’ve been using as a coaster for the last 82-days), and go with it.
- SUPER DEPRESSING STUFF Why? Perspective & sometimes you just need a good cry.
During the first 40ish-days of COVID19, I read some pretty dark stuff. Mainly Zombie-Apocalyptic stories. No need to hoard food or learn how to make water here in Raleigh, NC, just concerns over the 2020 disappearance of TP.
Four Great Cries:
The Art Of Racing In The Rain By Garth Stein
Room By Emma Donoghue
The Road By Cormac McCarthy
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas By John Boyne
- SUPER UPLIFTING STUFF Why? Perspective & sometimes you just need a good laugh.
Day 4,098 of COVID19, my mood was getting darker than my hair roots, so I changed to the Super Inspiring/Funny genre.
The perfect laugh? “The Art Of Table Dancing,“ by DC Stanfa. DC’s storytelling of her antics took me to another world. A world without mask or isolation, one where I actually smelled the Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil, cheap beer, and shenanigans. From Catholic schoolgirl (pushing all the limits) to adulthood (pushing all the limits), I just wanted to be DC’s BFF and be in on all the fun and pushing of limits. Buy the book, pull out a lawn chair, and enjoy your mini get-a-way! *Especially Chapter 9, “Picture This,” my favorite!
NOTE: I found & CONNECTED to DC on Facebook & Instagram (as per “Expand Your Tribe”). She’s such a hoot, and jealousy alert; we’re planning a girl’s beach trip as soon as we can get closer than 6-feet (& hopefully come up with a clever beach SCAM!).
She’s a fun follow @dcstanfaauthor
3 | Enter The WilderNest
Time To JayWalk
Get. Out. Side. No matter what the weather is, fresh air and nature are natural mood-lifters. It’s hard to reap the benefits if you’re on the sofa binging on Tiger King & Living Off The Grid. Guilty, but in my defense, I considered both “research.”
NOTE: Bird Watching or BIRDING is the new ULTIMATE SPORT. Seriously, It’s not an “old person’s thing” anymore!
4 | Bypass The Rabbit Holes Alice
U N P L U G. It’s incredible what a simple “2-Day Tech Cleanse“ can do! And the stuff that you’ll miss? It will all be there when you return. It’ll be repeated, argued over, and probably made into a TikTok video too! Oh, 2020…
If you CAN NOT go cold-turkey, force yourself to, BIG BREATH, Scroll On Down The Road. Soak in all the cute pet photos, but for the LoVe, bypass all RABBIT HOLES. Reenergize yourself with a lightened load!
5 | Spread Your CHARMES, Not Your "Garmes" (germs)...
If MASKS are mandated where you live, stay home or WEAR A CUTE ONE!!! Elevate your fashion and your mood. Perhaps a LOUIS-VITTON MASK or one from The Today Show Picks. I’m in LoVe with these from Ivy & Leo! Share your COVID MASK photos on our Facebook page!! We’d all like to breathe a little easier during this last half of 2020!
Take It & Fly
Here are all the mentioned Links to help you EXIT Funky Town:
- GF Staycation
- NETFLIX Watch Party
- Zoom Calls
- “Most Depressing Books Of All Times”
- “The Art of Table Dancing” AND “Fifty-Shades of Funny” both by DC Stanfa(my new BFF)
- Birding For Beginners
- LV Mask, Today Show Covid Mask Picks
- Ivy & Leo
- The 5-Minute Gratitude Journal (BOUNS! We didn’t mention this little nugget, but it’s a Game-Changer).
LoVe & only 180-ish Days until we can say: “SoLong2020!”
GIRLFRIEND ZOOM CALLS
Share your unique Zoom Party Themes & Photos on our FB Page! We'll be posting some of our
FAVORITE GAME CHANGERS...like the best dry-shampoo for ZOOM CALLS!!