Everything you need is right here! TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts separated, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- One 1-ounce packet taco seasoning *see ShockleySecret
- One 1-ounce packet ranch dressing seasoning
- Two 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Three 15-ounce cans beans, drained and rinsed (a mix of pinto beans, black beans and kidney beans)
- One 10-ounce can whole corn kernels, drained
- Kosher salt
- Shredded Cheddar, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Light a yummy candle.
- Put on your favorite tunes.
- Rinse all beans & scallions.
Pour yourself a festive beverage in one of our Amazon Favorites! Perfect for the season!
Let’s Get Cookin!
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring to break it up into small crumbles, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the taco and ranch seasonings until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, corn and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Fill one of the bean cans with water and add it to the pot. *see ShockleySecret
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warmed through, about 10 minutes.
Ready to Roll!
- Serve in bowls with scallion greens, cheddar cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo.
- Use one can *beef broth instead of water, and *two packs of taco seasoning instead of one.
*ORIGINAL RECIPE COURTESY OF FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN!