Everything you need is right here! TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups wild rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced with tough stems removed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
And here we go! Very, very easy!
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and toast while stirring until it begins to smell nutty, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook on low until the water is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter along with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring often until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and gently fold in the mushrooms. Add to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
“I scoff at only TWO cloves of garlic! Double or triple that! I measure garlic with my heart❤️”
*Much thanks for the original recipe from TheFoodNetwork, RECIPE COURTESY OF KARDEA BROWN